The food industry in Chicago is a vital part of the city’s economy and culture. Has a rich history in the food industry and is known for its diverse culinary scene.
Chicago is home to over 7,300 food-related businesses, which employ over 130,000 people.
The city is known for its meatpacking industry, with the Chicago Stockyards playing a key role in the city’s history. Today, companies like Tyson Foods, Cargill, and OSI Group have headquarters or significant operations in this area.
Chicago is also home to some of the country’s largest food and beverage companies, including Kraft Heinz, Mondelez International, and Conagra Brands.
The city is known for its deep-dish pizza, hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches, and other iconic foods. However, its culinary scene has also diversified in recent years, with a growing focus on farm-to-table, artisanal, and ethnic cuisine.
This city hosts various food-related events throughout the year, such as Taste of Chicago, Chicago Gourmet and Good Food Expo.
The Importance of Packaging for Chicago
The packaging industry in Chicago is a significant and growing sector of the city’s economy.
This city is a major hub for the this industry, with a number of large packaging companies based in the city or operating significant facilities there. Some of the largest companies in the Chicago area include Sealed Air, Sonoco, and WestRock.
The city is a major center for food containers, with many companies specializing in containers for the food and beverage industry. This includes both primary packaging, such as bottles, cans, and boxes, shrink wrap, labels, and boxes.
Chicago is also home to a number of packaging equipment manufacturers, such as ProMach, which produces a wide range of packaging machinery for various industries.
The package industry in this city is supported by a strong network of suppliers, service providers, and logistics companies, making it an ideal location for businesses looking to establish or expand their packaging operations.
The packaging industry in Chicago is also committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility. Many companies are adopting eco-friendly materials and processes, and the city has a number of organizations and initiatives dedicated to promoting sustainability.
Packaging Companies in Chicago
Some of the major packaging manufacturers and supplies in Chicago are Divan Packaging, Berlin Packaging, TricorBraun and CCL Label.
- Divan Packaging LLC: Divan Packaging is a Chicago packaging supplier that produces quality and affordable packaging products in Turkey and has an office in Chicago.
Food packaging and food grade plastic buckets are their main products. Apart from these, it has a wide range of products such as ice cream packaging, popcorn buckets, non-food packaging. It can apply the color and logo printing with IML you want to your preferred products.
- Berlin Packaging: Founded in Chicago in 1898, Berlin is a leading supplier of glass, plastic, and metal containers and closures. The company serves a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and personal care.
- TricorBraun: TricorBraun is a packaging solutions company that provides custom design, sourcing, and logistics services. The company has a strong presence in Chicago and serves a wide range of industries, including healthcare, beauty, and food and beverage.
- Polyair: The company has a significant presence in this area and provides packaging solutions to a wide range of industries.
- Amcor: The company produces a wide range of flexible and rigid packaging solutions for industries such as food and beverage, healthcare, and personal care.
- CCL Label: CCL Label is a leading provider of labels solutions for the food and beverage, healthcare, and consumer goods industries and offers a wide range of products and services, including pressure-sensitive labels, shrink sleeves, and flexible package.